5 Reasons to Schedule a Bridal Session
A question I hear most as a wedding photographer is "what is a bridal session?" To put it simply, a bridal session is a portrait session scheduled prior to the wedding day where the bride gets dressed up in her wedding attire and gets to feel like a princess! Typically brides will schedule a trial run of hair and make-up and get a fresh bouquet from their florist.
Below I'm diving deeper into my answer and sharing the top 5 reasons I think every bride should schedule a bridal session!
- Trial Run. There are so many decisions that come together to complete your bridal look (from the dress, to your hair and make-up, to the size and color palette of your florals). Taking the time to schedule bridal portraits gives you a chance to see it all come together. It also allows you to make little tweaks here and there before your big wedding day debut! You've spent a lot of time choosing these elements, so why wait until your wedding to see how they all come together?
- Get to Know Your Photographer. It's so important to have a relationship with your photographer leading up to your wedding day. Scheduling a portrait session is a fantastic way to get comfortable in front of the camera and learn photographer's shooting style. On your wedding day, the photography jitters will be virtually non-existent if you've had some time in the camera spotlight beforehand!
- Time. While I make sure every bride gets her moment to shine on her wedding day, usually the time allotted for individual portraits is limited. Having a bridal session ensures that you get the portraits you love without the time constraints of the wedding day schedule.
- Location. I'm all for photographing bridal portraits at the wedding venue (I love how cohesive the portraits feel with the wedding day images!), but some brides choose to get creative and select a unique location for their portraits. The options are endless!
- Tradition. A common Southern tradition, especially here in Texas, is to display a large bridal portrait at the wedding reception. A bridal session ensures you have a gorgeous photo to show off!